Sunday, October 11, 2015

Things they say


As usual, the Walton kids are in fine form. Here's some of the best stuff they've said over the last few months. :)


Asking the Tough Questions: What Are Box Top Funding?

Gracie: Can you get things with Box Tops? Like can they be money?

Me: No. If schools give them back to the company that made the things they're on, then they give some money to the schools.

Gracie (righteously): It wouldn't be fair if they gave money to a rich rich rich rich college that had enough money to buy cuckoo clocks for every room.



Sick Day

I came up the steps the other day to find Charlie laying on the floor, exhausted and not yet fully awake, on the landing at the top of the stairs.

Me: How you feeling buddy?
Charlie: It feels like I'm dead.  ...but I'm not.


When Dad Will Stop Working

Charlie (to Dad): when are you going to stop going to work?

Gracie: Dad will stop going to work when he dies.

Gracie: ...and that will be really sad.


Things Charlie is Smart At

Charlie: I'm really smart at listening to Heavenly Father. I'm reeeally smart. I'm also really smart at juggling!


#MomProbs

We had only been at the park for about four minutes the other day (with Charlie and a kid we were babysitting in tow, by the way) when Juliette lunged for and grabbed a piece of squirrel poop and exclaimed delightedly, "Raisin!!!"


Truth Telling

Charlie's take on protein bars:
"It tastes like chocolate. ...yucky chocolate."


Star Wars Culture

Overheard from the Lego table in the next room:
Gracie: Look, that thing has a bad motivator.



Animal, Vegetable, Mineral?

Charlie: There is chocolate inside M&Ms. They are a living creature. ...Mom, are M&Ms a living creature?


Birthday

Charlie: "Mom, I wanted to make you feel special. I did! That's why I separated your birthday with you!"



Charlie's Suggestion to Make the World More Beautiful

Me: *finishes singing a bedtime song that ends in "I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world / Heavenly Father created for me."*
Charlie: WHY did he created it for me?
Me: Because he loves you and he wants you to have a beautiful place to live in.
Charlie (happy): I DO!!! (pauses) ...maybe He should die all the pirates.




The Best Compliment in the Galaxy

Charlie has always been a very attentive complimenter, (when he was Juliette's age he spent a lot of time complimenting me on my shoes and jewelry). When I did my hair up all fancy a while back, he continued the tradition with, "Mom I like your hair. It looks beautiful."

And later, with earnest affection, "Your hair looks very circle-y. You look like the girl from Star Wars."




The One Thing That Heals All Wounds

Juliette: Yoda's sad.
Me: Yoda's sad?
Juliette: Yeah.
Me: Why's Yoda sad?
Juliette: He's crying and whining.
Me: Aww. What does Yoda need?
Juliette: He needs a banana.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin