Charlie on love.
(Not funny, just precious.)
Charlie: When you marry someone you love them and you keep them.
And another...
Charlie: Mom? Sometimes I gather everything for love.
(Misquoting this.)
Charlie on baptism.
As Gracie prepares to baptized next year, Charlie and I have been discussing baptism a lot.
One morning he asked what baptism was for, and during the course of the conversation I explained that part of the reason we get baptized is to make a promise to Heavenly Father.
I also told him Heavenly Father makes us promises in return. I didn't quite get into the spiritual nature of it all before Charlie said thoughtfully from the back seat,
"I want Heavenly Father to promise to give me a real fox... And a horse."
Not your average man.
Lately Juliette has been calling out, "Hi, Daddy!" to every man we pass in the library, gym, or grocery store. In an effort to curb this confusion, I've been encouraging her to say, "Hi man" instead.
Last week at the grocery store she was getting it down pretty well. She gave out about two or three repetitions of, "Hi man!" to several men we passed before spotting a very elderly gentleman with a walker and snow-white hair.
She got really excited and started calling out, "Hi Jesus! Hi Jesus!!!"
(And yes, it was the sweetest thing.)
Life as mom.
Just for the record, some things I said (out loud and to certain people needing this specific guidance) today:
"No. We can't get inside the fridge."
"If you taste something and it tastes like plastic, don't eat it."



No comments:
Post a Comment