Sunday, November 9, 2014

Things They Say: Aragorn, Gru, and Missing Sisters



Channeling Aragorn

Charlie didn't want to follow directions at all the other night. I told him it was time to put away his trucks and brush his teeth. He got a steely look in his eye, stared me down and shouted,

"I WILL NOT BRUSH MY TEETH THIS DAY!"


Yeller

On another particularly unpleasant Charlie day, I did something around rest time that really ticked him off. Apparently he couldn't think of something bad enough to do/say in response because he just started shouting whatever felt the most disrespectful.

Charlie: Yellllllll! I'm gone be yell in my room! YELLLLLLLLLLLL!


Missing sister #1

A few weeks ago I babysat a friend's baby for part of the morning. When it was time to get Charlie from preschool, I left Juliette with Steve and took the friends' baby in Squishy's car seat.

Charlie (noncholantly glancing at the car seat as he climbs in): Oh. Did you get another baby?


Missing sister #2

Charlie hanging out in bed with Steve and I before doing his routine one school morning:

Me: Where's Gracie?
Charlie: She's not here.
Charlie: (deadpan) You can never find her.
Me: Can you go check on Gracie?
Charlie: You can never find her.
Charlie: ...I'll go find her.


Touché.

Steve had a little run of playing a lot of Two Dots on his iPad, an activity that Charlie thought he could get in on.

Charlie: Can I play?
Steve (playing his game): No.
Charlie: Why not?
Steve (not looking up): Just because.
Charlie: Why?
Steve (still distracted): I already told you why.
Charlie (matter-of-factly): No you didn't. You just said, 'Just because.'


Despicable who?

Me: You and Gracie were cute babies, too.
Charlie: And now we're big.
Me: Yes, you grew a lot.
Charlie (annoyed): NO. Gru is a man.

2 comments:

  1. Charlie needs to go in debate....... just because is NEVER a legit reason. haha
    I like how he just thinks you can gain a new baby whenever.
    haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed you!!!!!!!

    "Oh. Did you get another baby?" Hahahaha!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin