Friday, April 25, 2014

Things They Say: Charlie-isms


Conversations in the Car

Charlie: Mom her eyes are turning red! Her eyes are turning red!
Me (confused): Whose eyes are turning red?
Charlie (calmly): Juliette's. They're turning red on her teeny eyeballs.

Charlie: Mom, we don't bite sharks anymore.

Charlie (looking at clouds): An elephant!
Me: In the clouds?
Charlie: Yes!
Me: What else do you see?
Charlie: Um, I don't know. Maybe... a WINDSHIELD WIPER!
Me: In the clouds??
Charlie: Yes!!!

And every day--every SINGLE day--he asks me either (1) why the construction equipment we drive past is not digging or (2) why the construction equipment we usually drive past is not there. :)


Yes or No

Charlie, when he interrupted me during his "quiet time" for the third or fourth time: "Mommy, are you crabby--yes or no?"


Ode to Juliette

A song Charlie sang to Juliette in February: "When you are growing bigger bigger bigger you can play wiss (with) meee, play wiss meee, play wiss meee, and play wiss letters! I like egg, you like egg, I like egg, you like egg and I like samich (sandwich) and you like egg and youuuuu can't eeeeeeat samiiiiiiiiiiiich!"


Let it GO.

Charlie (to Gracie, as she sings "Let it Go" from Frozen): Gracie, can you stop saying that noise please?



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin