Monday, March 10, 2014

Things They Say: What Mommy Does

What Mommy Does

Steve cracked a joke to me about something rather obnoxious the kids were doing in the car, and Gracie, who is in a very curious stage right now, immediately piped up from the back seat:

Gracie: Why is Mommy laughing?
Daddy: I was being silly to her.
Gracie: But why is Mommy laughing?
Daddy (avoiding the question): Oh, you know Mommy. Always laughing.
Gracie: Mommy's not always laughing.
Me (curious): What am I always doing?
Gracie (after a thoughtful pause): Mommy's always bossing.



Doctor's Visit.

Charlie accompanied me to Juliette's 4 month checkup, during which her doctor did a full physical exam. Then the nurse came in and gave her three shots on her cute thighs, which made her very sad, and then put band-aids on her. Here is how Charlie related these events to Steve when we got home:

Charlie: The doctor checked the Juliette-baby, and then she cried, and then she got stickers.

(Cute baby thigh.)

We Are Not Amused.

Sometimes Charlie gets really mad at us and gets sent to his room. While there, he sometimes shouts more things at us. Recently (all within a few seconds of each other):

Charlie: DADDY!!! WHY ARE YOU NOT ANSWERING ME?!?
Charlie: THIS IS NOT FUNNY!!!
Charlie: I'M TIRED OF THIS!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Mommy is ALWAYS bossing!!!!! haha. It's true though.
    I kept thinking that I laugh ALL the time when Brooks is around but my kids don't always SEE me laugh when he's not. I'm trying to laugh more in front of them. Weird goal, I know, but I want them to remember me happy.......and not..........like how I feel I'm acting. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HILARIOUS! I love your tiny witty mini me children! Im pretty sure they are geniuses.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin