Saturday, February 8, 2014

Things They Say: Gracie's Olympics Commentary

Today we watched some speed skating, beginning with the Netherlands (orange) vs. USA.

Gracie immediately chose to root for "orange."

Gracie: "See. There's you but, I'm ahead of you." Pauses for a bite of goldfish crackers. "I hope the orange one gets the medal."
Me: "Why do you like the orange one?"
Gracie: "Because I usually like orange. And what's the orange one? Is it the one that Nicole likes?" (referring to Tenesse football)
When I told her she'd won:
"WHAT?! I Won?! WOOO HOOO! Charlie I won! I won!"

Next up was...

Norway v. Netherlands

Gracie: "Now I want the red one. Whatever one is winning I want them to win. I want them to be tied up so they both can have a medal." (Starts humming to herself.) "What's the red one?"
Me: "Norway."
Gracie: "I'm excited because of their flag. Because China's flag is, um, red."

Gracie: "Charlie which one do you want to win? Do you want the orange one?"
Charlie: "The orange one."
Gracie: "Who do you want to win? The red one?"
Charlie: "I want the red one."
Gracie: "Alright, lets do the red one. Because it's prettier. Right?"
Charlie: "Right."

Gracie: "Charlie, I want the orange one."
Me: "I thought you wanted the red one."
Gracie: "I changed my mind."
Me: "Why?"
Gracie: "Because."
Me: "...who's winning?"
Gracie: "Orange." (Pause for more goldfish.) "He won't stop." (Hums to herself.)
Gracie (moments later): "Mom, when is this going to be done?"

1 comment:

  1. These posts that capture moments in your life are my favorite! Pausing for goldfish!!! Orange for Tennessee!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin