Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Boosterthon Fun Run


Since this was our first year of kindergarten, I didn't know what to expect when this year's fundraiser "Boosterthon" came around. I didn't think it was a big deal, but Gracie got SO into it that she even made up a "Boosterthon Fun Run" song that she sang around the house. So she called her grandparents and we posted on facebook, and she got some supporters to pledge her a per-lap amount for her fun run to raise money for her school.

She was so excited to have so many people excited with her. There were 55 pledges in her kindergarten class, and 8 of them were from Grace! She was very proud. And she got some cool prizes, too--including an invisible ink pen with which she drew a mustache on her face, and a cool Boosterthon wristband which Juliette is modeling above.

We went to watch her that Friday at school--they were broken up by grade, and the girls ran first. She ran SO hard. I wish I would have gotten a video, but I had Juliette strapped to my tummy and Charlie in tow, so we mostly just sat on the gym floor and enjoyed her. She did some great dance moves to the warm up music, and when the running started her braids were flying. She had little pink cheeks by the end, and completed almost all the possible laps--33/35-- in the time limit!

Afterward I gave her a kiss in the hallway after she'd gotten her drink from the drinking fountain, and she was appropriately happy to see us and then importantly said that she had to go and ran back into the gym to watch the kindergarten boys run.

1 comment:

  1. How did I miss the FB post? I would have definitely sponsored her. Precious.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin