Had to take a picture to convince her not to keep this bandaid (from her 5-year shots) forever.
My Nemesis, the Number 5.
Gracie (to herself): Big fat belly. Big fat belly... Hey, Mom!
Mom: What?
Gracie: [The number] five has a big fat belly, and so do you!
Mom: ...
Gracie (walking over): You're like a five, look!!!
And then she air-drew a five over my body, with five's "big fat belly" over my baby bump.
Aspirations.
Gracie: Today we talked about our favorite numbers.
Mom: What's your favorite number?
Gracie: One hundred.
Mom: Why?
Gracie: Because I want to be really, really old.
Love Note.
Gracie loves leaving notes for her Daddy when he has a late night. Sometimes it is a "card" with a pretty picture inside waiting by the front door. The day she got her Kindergarten vaccinations she got to get the whole family doughnuts as her reward, and she wanted one for Dad, too. She left him this note with his doughnut on the stairs for him to find when he got in around midnight. :)
It says:
Dear Daddy
You get a donut.
I have Garfield [bandaids] on my owie.
Love, Gracie
Moon-wear.
Charlie, discussing the moon:
The moon is my buddy. He's doesn't has any underwear! When he's born he can has underwear. When he's born he's can has eyes and a nose. He's has a nose when I read Mother Goose!
Little Loves.
Charlie heard me worrying over Gracie's cough and for the rest of the day whenever he heard her cough he'd run over to her and ask (in his best caring-parent-immitation), "You okay, my lamb?"
He likes snuggling me even when I'm all tired and pregnant looking. :)
Man-date.
After breakfast one morning, Charlie told Gracie where he wants to go on a "date":
Airport first, then hospital, then HOME DEPOT!!!
My Most "Useful" Child?
Mom (to Gracie): You're a big girl.
Charlie: I'm a backhoe!


No comments:
Post a Comment