Monday, August 19, 2013
TTS: How to Get Rid of a Hamburger
Passionate Opposition
Charlie is a little timid about the great outdoors. Friday Gracie and Steve were trying to convince him to run down the hill in our backyard with them:
Daddy: Come on, buddy!
Charlie: No thanks.
Gracie: Please Charlie? PRETTY PLEASE!?
Charlie (getting surly): PRETTY NOT!!!
How to Get Rid of a Hamburger
After the hill-running (which Charlie did eventually try), Steve made us hamburgers. Gracie declined, but Charlie took a couple of bites before he decided he wasn't a fan and started crying about having eaten some.
Gracie: Charlie if you don't like that hamburger you can just poop and it will get out.
Steve and I agree that one of the hardest parts of parenthood is containing laughter at inappropriate moments.
Good Intentions
When confronted with a third and final blueberry pancake...
Gracie: "Oh no! I really wanted to share this with you (Mom) but I really like it so I can't!"
Publicly Funded Books?
Your kids might watch too much PBS if: when reading a book to her little brother, your oldest finishes not with "the end" but with "This book brought to you by the (made up word) Foundation."
Dragons
We get into bands as a family. When Grace was two, we listened to a lot of Mika. Last summer it was Foster the People. And this summer, Imagine Dragons stole Charlie's heart. We have subsequently had several conversations with Gracie about what would happen if the sun died (based on a line in Radioactive) and about whether or not we need to be scared of the band name.
Gracie (in the backseat of the van): "Dragons aren't real, so you don't have to be afraid of them. You can just imagine them. Imagine Dragons."
Height Issues
At bedtime one night:
Mommy: Goodnight, little buddy.
Charlie: Goodnight, little Mommy.
Romantic Nonsense
Gracie, in response to Phil Collins singing (in Tarzan), "I'll be there, always and alwaaays," said, "He won't be there ALWAYS. Sometimes he'll have to go to a store."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I love when you do a post on their funny comments!!
ReplyDeleteIf I was there and heard the hamburger comment I would NOT have been able to finish my food. haha.
ReplyDeleteAnd suddenly I have the urge to wash BOTH of my pack-n-plays (because that's all Kellyn sleeps in anyway).........but my scared. SCARED!!!!!!!!!! (I'm assuming you find out if it's cardboard because it's bendy? How else would you know?)