Mother's Day this year was:
- Waking up to sweet kiddos sounds in our new house and then getting to snuggle down and go back to sleep while Steve fed them breakfast and played with them,
- Waking up slowly (the second time) to sunshine pouring in my windows,
- Finding an envelope slipped under the bedroom door by my Gracie girl with MOMMY and pictures of balloons ("for celebration!") across the front of it, and sweet card inside signed "I ♥ U AND XO" in her wonderful preschool handwriting,
- Breakfast on the couch (because I got up just before breakfast in bed was finished cooking) of silver dollar pancakes (I love teeny pancakes) with raspberry jam and syrup, a side of eggs and a big glass of milk,
- A tender note from my Steven that made me tear up (he called from across the room, "Are you crying?" and then did a "Yes!" fist pump when I laughed and said I was),
- A half a dozen "flours" (a la Stranger Than Fiction) in the form of 6 beautiful cupcakes from our fav local bakery, Dewey's,
- Gracie singing a mother's day song with the primary kids on the stand at church, beaming into the crowd and waving at "Karen, the husband, and Addi" and at me, and at Charlie, who was so pleased to see her standing up there...
- A card from Gracie that detailed things like what her Mommy does all day ("cook, make cookies"--I wish!) and what her Mommy is best at ("giving me hugs and kisses") and her favorite thing Mommy cooks ("eggs"),
- A card from Charlie with scribbles inside. Love.
- Unsuccessful attempts to get a picture of all three of us together after church (should have done it before, I guess):
- A picture of baby #3's progress (it is avocado sized, now):
- A phone call with my own sweet mama while the kiddos napped,
- My requested dinner of hamburger sliders with grilled pineapple, cooked up by my handsome hubs after the littles had gone to bed for the evening,
- Snuggling up to one of the Harry Potter movies on the couch in our pjs.
It was just a very lovely day. Steve did such a great job making me feel loved and cherished and valued, and I felt really happy to be in our sunshiny house helping take care of our kiddos. I am really soaking in all this time with all four of us just hanging out together all day while Steve enjoys time off before graduation--it is such a treat! :)


You look gorgeous! Love the outfit! Sounds like a fab day. Love you and your little family!
ReplyDelete