The last night there was one of my favorite parts of the whole trip. We were still super full from Flip Burger, so got whatever random food we wanted at the grocery store and borrowed some plates from downstairs, then all hung out and ate dinner and watched the Olympics (or, as Charlie says, "Ah-pics!!!"). The kids were so cute and happy, and Gracie especially enjoyed watching the beach volleyball (Misty and Kerry are our faves).
So we dined with Bob Costas. The kids and I had rolls and slices of cheese and grapes, and Steve had some microwaved eggrolls, and we sipped on chocolate milk and were just very relaxed and happy.
Even though I kind of look pregnant, I love this picture of Melissa and me, partly because I love her, and partly for the chaos of our children in the background. Can you see Aleeya curled up in the chair, Royce and Charlie escaping out the front door, and Iris trying to break into our car?
The kids were so worn out when we left that Charlie fell asleep with his hand still in his snack cup.
Then we passed this giant peach which Steve said looked like a b-u-t-t.
Which it kind of does.
And then to pacify Charlie when he woke up we gave him strawberries in his snack cup. Desperate times call for desperate measures, my friends.
that b-u-t-t peach made my morning. bless you
ReplyDeleteIt "kinda" looks like a butt?!?!? Um YES! We call it the Big Nalga (bum) but it sure makes a trip interesting. It WAS fun having you stop by and it's funny you didn't crop out our chaos even when I told you I did NOT want to take a frumpy picture............I'm glad you did though. That picture w/ the girls is PRICELESS! It's good of all of them
ReplyDelete