This year Mother's Day was...
- Breakfast in bed, cooked by my handsome husband and presented with smiles from Charlie and a rousing rendition of Mother Tell Me the Story by Gracie, after which she shouted "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!" at the top of her lungs,
- Eating said breakfast (delicious!) of cinnamon French toast, berry smoothie, milk, and bacon in peace and quiet while reading magazines in bed (ah, luxury!),
- Dressing everyone to coordinate with each other (Steve usually isn't on board with this type of behavior),
- Time to curl my hair in the bathroom before church,
- Gracie singing with all the other little kids during sacrament meeting,
- Dinner with the Pearsons, Evans, and Baileys (minus Mark), which I did not have to cook--I ate five (or six?) rolls and didn't look back,
- An after-party game of Settlers with Suzi and David, once the kids were tucked snuggly into bed (pack-n-play and sleeping bag for Charlie and Gracie), and then
- Watching the newest episode of Masterpiece Mystery's Sherlock, also with our besties.
Sometimes I still can't believe I'm someone's mother, and we've been at this for nearly four years! I love these sweet faces, their adoration of snuggling (definitely genetic), their tender hearts, and the hilarity, innocence, and fun they inject into everyday life.
Thanks Steve, for giving them half of their DNA and so much time, love, and attention. You are an awesome father and I feel so lucky to have you beside me to tackle the daunting task of raising these children up to love their God, and to be happy.
We are all so very very lucky.
precious picture and post!
ReplyDeleteyour hair is super cute curled like that, I love it! glad you had a great Mday!
ReplyDeleteThat picture of you and the kids is PERFECT!!!! I love it.`
ReplyDeleteYou are both wonderful parents!!! You deserve all the happiness in the world! Happy Belated Mother's Day!
ReplyDeleteLove, Nicole Nickle
Awh...you guys are too cute! Miss you!
ReplyDelete