We take our Valen-times pretty seriously around here. We start out with pink breakfasts, like berry juice and pink milk for our cereal.
Somebody likes her juice...
Then we search out a good Valentine's day party. Our church playgroup had a great one this year with games, Valentine-making for an elderly care home, passing out treats, singing time, and cookies. Can you find my red-dressed blondie holding (GRIPPING) his cookie during singing time?
Then when we arrive home we find a VERY special treat from my mama on the porch. Have you had Shari's Berries??? The BEST chocolate-covered strawberries EVER. Actually, I think about them every time I'm in an elevator, because the person who approves them for safety in NC is named Cheri Berry. And I always wish there were chocolate strawberries in the elevator for ME to approve. Because they are delicious.
Too delicious to share with the kiddos. Sorry, kiddos. Its just that you guys sometimes put something in your mouths and then spit it back out. Or (one of you) chuck it on the floor. But you still look cute in the doorway.
Then we take a special Valentine's lunch to Daddy at work. Gracie makes the delivery. There are lots of pink things in there (along with some Chicken Cesar Salad Wraps) like pink lemonade, dried cranberries, and some My Little Pony fruit snacks.
Valentine's kisses are a necessity.
This boy LOVES his Daddy.
And speaking of My Little Pony...
When the kids go down for nap I make the last of my (belated) Valentines to send off to my mom, dad, and brother. This one is for my brother. There's a whole group of twenty-something guys who like the new My Little Pony. They're called Bro-nies. Not even kidding. So hopefully he found this amusing. :)
Gracie gave Charlie some Valentines while he ate his snack. My mom sent him the lambie one, Gracie made the one with the clouds, rain, and flowers. And we gave him the rocket ship plate.
Since it was a school night, we had an at-home date after the kiddos went to bed. We watched Anonymous from redbox.
And had our traditional fondue dinner--Steve used to work at the Melting Pot, so he makes a MAD GOOD fondue. I can't even tell you HOW GOOD it is. Oh my word. Love it.
And clearly we had Shari's Berries for dessert. Very happy Valentimes over here. :)

I have been wanting to go to the Melting Pot for about 12 years now, and I've never been. STEVE, when are you going to cook for us?!?!
ReplyDelete