I don't know what it is about spring that gets me in the mood to make things, but we've made a bunch of stuff lately. One of them is a super cute growth chart I did with Steve. It's not on the wall yet, but I love it. I've also been refashioning thrift store dresses so I've got some new (cheap) stuff to wear for summer, because the humidity out here calls for one layer only! And no jeans!
But on to the cushion! This weekend I saw this on Pinterest, and I decided I wanted to make one. So I did it while watching copious amounts of college basketball with Steve. :)
Though it was made for Grace, Charlie will model it for you. (He will get his own soon.)
I learned a couple of important things from this project.
1. You can buy piping pre-made! And it is like a dollar if you use a Joann's coupon. Cheap, and so much easier than making it myself (and much better looking, too).
and
2. There is a practical application for π in my life! It took me 26 years to find it, but now boy am I glad somebody worked it out, because otherwise I wouldn't have known how long to cut out the side piece of this baby after I enlarged it to be 22 inches around.
...is it bad that I think the piping thing is more important?
Oh, and funny sidenote. I'm really enjoying Pinterest, and here's how you can tell. Steve asked if I wanted to watch a show with him during the kids' naps on Saturday, and I said yes and asked him if he minded if I "pinned" while we watched. I meant literally pinning this pillow. He thought I meant "pinning" stuff on Pinterest. :p
Um...........that pillow seriously rocks!!! DEFINITELY worth your time and money or whatever. So cute. I can't wait to see Charlie's!!!
ReplyDeleteHe is such a Jamie + Steve = Charlie baby! He has your eyes and his dad's smile.
ReplyDeleteI am in love with that pillow thing! I want one...now, I just have to find the time to make all the other stuff I have lying around and then I can do one or 2 of those. You are doing awesome creative things.
ReplyDelete