The other day my stomach growled.
Gracie (suspicious): Was that a toot?
(It wasn't or I wouldn't be writing this, obvs)
Mommy: No, my stomach growled. Its like your stomach talks. It makes noises.
Gracie (intrigued): Can I see?
Mommy: My stomach?
Gracie: Yeah.
Mommy: Okay.
Gracie (inspecting carefully): Oh. It's big.
What was that sound?!? Oh nothing. Don't worry. Just my ego deflating.
(...but don't worry! She usually tells me I look like a princess.)
Conversation on a walk after dinner:
Mommy: It's nice out today.
Gracie: Yes.
Mommy: It's not too hot.
Gracie: It's not too cold.
Mommy: No.
Gracie: It's cool.
Sometimes it is like talking to a tiny grown up.
And at 4:30am last night I awoke thinking I heard the tell-tale rattle of Gracie's stuffed elephant. Suddenly she was by my bed looking up at me.
Gracie: Mommy.
Mommy (confused): What?
Gracie: I want to watch a show.
Mommy: No. It's night time. Go back to bed.
Gracie: I want to cuddle.
Mommy: .....
.....
(almost gives in)
It's still night time. Go back to bed please.
Gracie: (goes back to bed without another word)
4 hours later she gets up (nice and late thanks to a staying up late being babysat evening at the Smiths!), walks into my room, and says:
I want to watch a show.
And I say:
No.
And last but not least, a Gracie word I love:
"Softing" - patting something she finds to be soft. She often "softs" Charlie's head.
Oh! And I got a haircut. AND I LOVE IT. :)
I know WHY she wanted to watch a show.........because she was just exposed to the MOST AWESOME SHOW EVER!!!!!!!! GO WIPEOUT!!!!!!
ReplyDelete(Oh and Camden JUST told people that I had another baby in my belly because my belly still looks big. Um......yea, Royce is 7 months old. Nice.)
She is so hilarious! And your hair cut is so cute!!! I love it!
ReplyDeleteJamie you look so pretty!! I can just hear you saying "it's still nighttime".. haha miss you guys!
ReplyDelete