Monday, July 25, 2011

Just Dance

When I was a kid I remember my parents going out on dates every Saturday night, usually for fish tacos at Rubios or maybe furniture shopping. It never seemed all that mysterious to me. They liked to be together, we liked to have TV dinners in the living room while watching TV--all thrilling when you are 8 & 11. (We watched Dr. Quinn, because I was older and thus more influential.)

What I'm getting at, is, as far as I can remember, my parents didn't do things like this:



(Oh its just rootbeer, guys. Calm down.)


Welcome to adulthood, ladies and gentlemen. We invited our friends over to play a sweet dance video game (Dance Central for xBox Kinect if you are dying of curiosity) and made them dress up. We even had extra stuff ready for those who tried to wriggle out of dressing up, like David, seen above in a skull cap.

And then we had a dance tournament (complete with bracket), competing for a pair of amazing sparkle star shades.


Yes, we all had sweet dancer names.

I wish we had a photo of Steve in his full "Bronx Suit" but the jacket was just too hot to handle for dancing.


I know Steve and I are in the foreground, but please look beyond to Suzi's awesome face. She was definitely legit. Love it, Suz.


Really. I mean look at this amazing move...


The ultimate winner, Melissa, sporting her prize and her date Brooks... who did well at the sports portion of the evening, but lost the losers bracket when we switched to dancing. Sorry Brooks. (At least he's a doctor, though, right? That's got to count for something...)


(And for the record, Melissa came in a super fly hot pink dress but had to swap it for some shorts and a t-shirt because it was inhibiting her dance moves.)

Way to get your groove on, friends. Our kids will be nice and embarrassed when they're old enough to realize what we get up to on the weekends.

Thanks to Suzi and David who played paparazzi (and then I stole their pictures for my blog).


Also, I have now remembered that my dad once dressed up as an old woman for Halloween. So I guess they did some stuff like this after all. Haha.

6 comments:

  1. This. Is. Awesome.

    You guys are so cool, and this is an excellent idea, i might steal it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That doesn't look like any fun at all. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um. I look like a thug. I think the rootbeer bottle made me look more thugish than the brownie pan...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I wish I were married and living in the same area as you so I can join your awesome date parties! If my future kids don't feel at least slightly embarrassed by me when they are older I think I will have done something wrong...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What the HECK?!?!? WHY haven't I seen these pictures?!!?!?....I love Steve kissing his bicep. That rocked....and I know, super fly dresses have ALWAYS gotten in my way of my groove.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys throw the coolest parties! Thanks for letting us be a part of it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin