I feel like all my posts lately are starting with "a few weeks ago" and alas, here is another one. I have been coping with Steve's ever-changing schedule and blogging has taken a back seat to either hanging out with him if he's home or wrangling the kiddos as I tried to get them to bed (relatively) on time. Anyway I just came across these photos tonight and I remembered... A few weeks ago, I made bread!!!
See how they are shiny on top? That's some BUTTAH. Yum.
This may not be a big deal to some of you bread-making experts, but if you remember my barely-rescued roll catastrophe from last year, you will know that I feel an incredible amount of accomplishment for making two beautiful and delicious loaves of bread, from scratch, no bread maker involved!
My grandma gave me a Lion House Bakery cookbook for Christmas, so I did one of the easiest recipes out of it. AND I figured out why my rolls went so badly last year--the humidity here means you need a ton more flour. I added at least another full cup, possibly more, to get the stickiness to the right level.
Steve and Gracie were happy to help me eat several helpings slathered with the jam--which I had also made! Not bad for the girl who didn't start cooking until 3 years into marriage.
Don't they look so yummy? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment