At the time we lived with Steve's cousin Erin, her husband Chris, and their baby boy Mason (who is now 3!) in a house in San Diego. We shared the common areas and all had our own bedrooms, and each family had a bathroom. We had so much fun being new parents with the Carrs--there was lots of Mario Kart playing and making s'mores in the fireplace in the evenings, watching the Office together on Thursdays, and of course, discussing the merits of Hot Rod and motocross.
Anyway here's a blast from our past: what home looked a little over 2 years ago.
The living room/kitchen area. My laptop on the counter, Mason's high chair in the corner, Gracie's Boppy on the couch, a basket of laundry waiting to be folded, and a blanket one of the babies had been playing on.
My almost-six-month-old baby Gracie sound asleep in her crib. Her bedroom was a nook by the stairs (like Harry Potter?) that had no door on it. Which we think is why she is such a good sleeper. Look at that cute little baby head.
The contents of our shared fridge/freezer. The Carrs had the upper shelves, we had the lower shelves, and we each had a veggie crisper. Notable foods: Lactaid (after Charlie was born, I was suddenly able to eat dairy again... so odd), Martinelli's sparkling cider (probably leftover from New Years), Dole juice (still a big treat), Yoplait, chocolate frosting, giant jar of jam, and Sara Lee chocolate cake.
Our bathroom (do you LOVE the sweet wallpaper? Also, the toilet seat was shaped like a shell.). The writing on the mirror says I LUV U2 (not the band) and Beware of Alligator!!! Very wary!!! (of gator). You can see the alligator in question in a pie tin at the lower left of the photo. I don't know what our excuse was for growing this, considering Grace was a baby. I remember it was very slimy.
This was our room--it was pretty tight. We borrowed the bedframe, which was already there, and with that squished in the corner we could fit our dressers and a chair where I would sit to nurse Grace and read. I slept on the inside, so you can see I've used the window sill as a nightstand--it has my lotion, a tissue, and a glass of water. Not sure why the pack-n-play is in there, unless maybe Steve had been out of town for an interview or something. You can see I didn't make the bed, and Steve had been reading a Grisham novel.
Washer/dryer and storage in the garage.
The kitchen sink, where both babies got their baths (we shared the baby tub, which was Mason's--Charlie has his own now). Mason's bottle by the baby tub, and Gracie's bottle rack to the right, as well as the little green tub they gave us to wash her bottles in at the hospital. And off to the left is the tiny blue tub they gave us to use for her sponge baths. She still plays with that in the tub. I wonder how that made its way all the way from California?
You know what I think is funny - how many different uses and reasons for having those tubs (the one in the bottom picture, bottom right) there are. Yours is for washing bottles, my mom's was given to her for giving the babies their baths, and mine was given to me for sitz (sp?) baths. However, we ended up using them to wash the cars and floors growing up, and now I use mine to hold dirty rags until I can wash them. =)
ReplyDeleteYou know you guys loved those Hot Rod and motocross conversations. :) I've been a blogging slacker again the past week and how fun to look on here tonight and see all the pictures of our old home!! Fun to read your comments about each one. Total blast from the past! Good times!!
ReplyDelete