Friday, April 15, 2011

Excuse me while I gush about my baby boy.

Look at this beautiful boy. His smile--which is pretty much a constant during his waking hours, and sometimes even sneaks into sleeping hours if he is having a good dream--is infectious. I almost cannot stand how cute it is; he lights up a room. His cheeks are always a little pink from too many kisses from his mama and sister.


When I found out I was going to be the mommy of a little blue bundle, I was nervous. Very nervous. We felt totally unequipped to raise a boy. But it has been wonderful! (Really not that much different than Gracie was, other than a little more danger during a diaper change.) And he is just the sweetest most delicious baby. I keep thinking of Diana in Anne of the Island:

"Before he came I wanted a girl, so that I could call her ANNE," said Diana. "But now that little Fred is here I wouldn't exchange him for a million girls. He just COULDN'T have been anything but his own precious self."


And here is his precious self, beaming:




And he loves his Daddy. Yesterday he talked to Steve for a full five minutes, no doubt complaining about the overabundance of estrogen he has to put up with all day, home alone with two women.


Thank goodness for this little boy! He is my own personal ray of sunshine. We love our Charlie oh so much.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin