Covering herself in blue chalk dust and happy as a clam.
As I left the room after kissing her goodnight, the first day after Daylight Savings:
Gracie: Mommy?
Mommy: Yes?
Gracie: Are you going to bonk on my door?
(She likes it when we do slapstick comedy for her by "crushing" ourselves with her door.)
Mommy: Not tonight.
Gracie: Mommy?
Mommy: Yes?
Gracie (pointing at the light outside the window): It's still daytime.
...
After reciting her own full name:
Mommy: What's Charlie's full name?
Gracie (with a long pause to come up with his middle name): Charlie Baby Walton.
...
Gracie: Mommy?
Mommy: Yes?
Gracie: I have a good idea!
Mommy: You do? What is it?
Gracie: I have noooooooo good ideas.
...
Other things:
For a while, whenever I would tell her to do something, Grace would look at me and say, "What Mommy. What." It wasn't a question. It was that tone of voice you get when you're bothering someone who is busy and they finally give in and ask you WHAT you want so you will leave them alone. It was annoying... but funny. Sometimes I think the hardest part of disciplining your child is holding back the laughter. Steve found this particular irritation with Mommy very amusing.
Though Gracie is quite the conversationalist, we love that there are still some words that don't come out quite right. Gampa for Grandpa. Ummujh for orange. Farkle for sparkle (that is one of our all time faves... and of course it follows that sprinkles are therefore frinkles.) I love when she tells me something is farkle-y.
Your cute little family makes me smile. I am on a mission to point out every farkly thing I can at Disneyland so I can hear Gracie describe it. And I can't wait to see Charlie Baby Walton! :)
ReplyDeleteHahahah! This all just made me laugh. I love you Gracie.
ReplyDelete