Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Sleep
This beautiful boy has been doing something amazing lately--sleeping from 11pm straight through until 6 or 7 every morning. He has already beeng going to bed (no crying!) at 7 for quite some time, with a please-sleep-little-baby feeding at 10:30 before we got to bed, but he was determinedly clinging to the 4am feeding, of which I am not a fan. After talking to one of my friends from church, we got up the guts to let him cry it out for a couple nights. We turned a fan on in our room, turned the monitor down when he started crying, and within three nights he had slept until 6am, and he hasn't gotten up before that since! And, bonus, he is sleeping even better in the daytime now. And his Mommy is so very happy to get to snooze for 7 to 8 consecutive hours--I cannot even tell you how great that is!
His schedule now looks like this (I am writing it down because I have no idea what Gracie's was for the first 6 months of her life!):
7am - Wake up, eat, play!
9am - Nap
10:30am - Wake up, eat, and play some more
Noon - Nap
1:30pm - Wake up, eat
2:30pm - Nap
4:30pm - Eat, hang out in swing while Mommy cooks dinner
5:30pm - Catnap
6pm - Bath
6:30pm - Pre-bedtime feeding (I realize these last two are close together, but I like to really fill him before bed!)
7pm - Bed!
10:30pm - Bottle of formula (6-8oz!)
And of course, he is also FULL of smiles when he happens to be awake. We love this little boy so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hA HA, didn't realize I have you "guts"! :)
ReplyDeleteI love the last picture of him and his big smile. Great schedule. There's NOTHING like a full night's rest. You forget how AWESOME you are capable of feeling during the day until you get a full night's rest!