Thursday, March 24, 2011

made: jam

Yesterday, because I got a ton of strawberries on sale, I made freezer jam for the first time. If I'd known it was so easy, I would have done it forever ago! Of course, I now also know exactly how much sugar is in it, which is kind of too bad. Seeing the filled jars especially made me feel like I'd really accomplished something. Minimal effort, maximum feelings of domesticity. I am woman: I make jam.



I would give you my fabulous recipe, but I just used the one in the pectin box. :)

4 comments:

  1. Jealous! I hope strawberries go on sale here soon so I can make some! I LOVE strawberry freezer jam:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one in the box is the BEST recipe anyway!!!! I know, I always feel so domestic when I make strawberry jam and it seriously takes NO time and little mess. You should try the raspberry one in the box too. I made it w/ frozen raspberries and while back and it's just as easy and super yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...I've never made jam so I guess I am not a true woman. I will have to try this some day to reach true womanhood. Haha! Looks delish!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so funny because I just made some strawberry freezer jam using that same recipe about 2 weeks ago. It's so yummy and so much better than store bought jam, in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin