Wednesday, January 19, 2011

TGS: On Food, Thumbs, and Life in General



Gracie...

Looking warily at a bowl of chili I was heating for dinner:
"I need some of not that."

After a bite of garlic bread:
"I didn't like my bread." Looks at Mommy's bread. "You didn't like your bread?"
(Mommy does like her bread.)
"I like my bread!" Eats it.

Teaching Mommy to be obedient:
"Good job blowing your nose on a tissue, Mommy. Thank you for obeying."

and

"You need to obey. Put the lid on the milk."

Putting coins into her piggy bank...
Mommy: "That's a nickel."
Gracie (thoughtful, then triumphant): "Oh! I have one in my shirt!"
Mommy: "What...? Oh! Not a nipple. A nickel."



While forcing Daddy to take a "nap" on the family room rug:
"Oh, you need a pillow, honey?"

Checking out a mysterious packet (of candy, if you must know) in Daddy's hand:
Gracie: "What's that?"
Mommy: "That's just Daddy's snack."
Gracie (not at all fooled): "Think its candy. Me have some?"

Sharing:
Gracie: "You want to suck your thumb?"
Mommy: "No, thank you."
Gracie: "No?" Offering. "You want to suck my thumb?"

Discussing Elephant at bedtime:
Mommy (after searching for Elephant): "Oh, he was here. Sitting in the corner by your table."
Gracie (seriously): "Elephant's in time out. He's not obey. I put him in time out in the hallway."

Consoling to a crying Charlie:
"Oh, sweet boy. Don't be sad."

Gracie words we love:

Bassek = basket
Jessy-ca = Jessica
Frinkles = sprinkles (and thus farkles = sparkles)

3 comments:

  1. I love the Gracie thoughts! That is SO good that you're writing them down. Such a good mom! Hope all is well with two little ones in the house now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha love those! She is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha Gracie is hilarious. My fave was "do you want to suck my thumb?" What a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin