Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sledding

We got 2 inches of snow on Monday--not a ton, but enough to try out the little saucer sled that Jessica brought Gracie for her Christmas gift! I had never been sledding before, so Gracie and I had our first time sledding on the same day. We bundled up in our warmest clothes (Steve and Jess had real snow clothes, Grace and I were in a mish-mash of thermals and whatever other semi-warm layers we could find, and Charlie was asleep inside) and went down the hill that runs from our front yard to our back yard over and over. It was exceptionally fun! We even got three-people-sledding going, which was just as awesome as it sounds.

And then we had an unexpected adventure... But first some photos. (Gracie was getting cold by the end, so with each progressive photo she looks more solemn.)






So now to the adventure. When we went to open the front door, it was LOCKED! Someone had tripped the auto-lock mechanism, so when we shut the door behind us it locked us out. We were freaked out because Charlie was sleeping in his crib inside (luckily he had just been fed) and no one even had a phone. We ran across the street to borrow Page's, and Steve called the police. While we waited, Gracie continued to get colder and look more like an orphan, so right after the very nice cop arrived (and gave Gracie a little toy--what a sweet guy!) she, Jessie, and I went over to Page's to warm up. It is so nice to have neighbors we love!


Meanwhile Steve and the policeman proceeded to break into our house (the opposite of his usual job function haha). It took them a little while, but eventually they managed it, and we all went back inside and had hot cider or cocoa. Charlie, of course, slept through the whole thing.

3 comments:

  1. That looks so fun! I really need to go sledding sometime this winter with Adelaide. I'm glad Charlie slept through the whole 'adventure' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how scary! I'm glad it all worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPER cute pictures! How fun that Jessica goes and visits you guys!! Gracie is getting so big. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin