Monday, January 31, 2011

2011's Goals

I know I've mentioned it before, but I love making goals. In fact, part of the reason I love having a birthday in June, halway through the year, is that it gives me an opportunity to make goals twice a year--I get two fresh starts 6 months apart.

First, lets review.

Last Year's (2010) Goals (and how they went)

  1. Keep taking better care of my body. Well, I did okay. In fact, I rocked the daily workout in my second trimester with Charlie (after the vomiting of the first trimester was over). But once I hit the third trimester, I was just too great with child to be able to do much. So I took care of myself by resting a lot and trying to eat really healthy, and always taking my prenatal vitamins. I didn't end up with the svelte bod I was imagining, but I did get a VERY cute 10 pound Charlie out of the deal, and we were both healthy the whole pregnancy, so I count this one as a win.
  2. Floss. Failed. I did really good at this until I got morning sickness, and after that I never quite recovered enough from the gag reflex to get back on the bandwagon. Maybe this year will be the year of better flossing?
  3. Look nice. Even when I'm just staying home all day. Win. I spent a little extra money on maternity clothes so I didn't feel so frumpy. I started wearing makeup a little more consistently (just blush, eyeliner, and mascara--only takes a couple of minutes; totally mom-friendly). And I've been wearing earrings sometimes (I can only wear a couple pairs because--random--I have metal allergies! Isn't that weird?) Best part of this goal? It made me FEEL really good. Confident and happy and special. Even though it was really only me that noticed the effort most of the time (I think).
  4. Write a book. So, again, I carried a 10 pound baby. So instead of writing a complete book, I had a Charlie. But I did get 40,000+ out of 60,000 words of a work in progress, and that felt pretty good. So we'll call this a semi-win. :)

2 0 1 1    G o a l s
  1. Read 50 books. Reading, listening to audiobooks, and perusing craft or sewing books all count. I want to be exposed to 50 books (but I'm not going to get hung up on whether I've literally read cover to cover). My reading has picked up with all the time I spend nursing Charlie (and I listen to audiobooks when I feed him at night) so I think this is possible. And if I get stuck, I can count all the books Gracie and I read! :)
  2. Clean the bathroom every week. I know, shooting high, huh? Is it terrible that I don't already do this every week? I'm kind of embarrassed to even post this.
  3. Work out 6 days a week. After going from 115 to 149 during my Charlie pregnancy and feeling the effect it had on my body, I am SO excited to be able to move and exercise again. (By the way, nursing is amazing--I'm already down to 120ish... Though 10lbs of that weight loss was Charlie himself!)
  4. Write a book. Take two. Steve's schedule will be allowing me a lot of time to entertain myself, so I'm going to try it again--this time with no morning sickness!
I haven't chosen a word yet... I'm thinking somewhere along the lines of Create. But that might not be the one... I'll let you know.

1 comment:

  1. Great goals, I am impressed... especially by the bathroom cleaning one. I am horrible at that keeping up with that yucky chore, maybe it should be a man's job like taking out the trash? Sorry, Steve :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin