In the theater waiting to watch Eclipse. Steve = good sport.
Wednesday was my 25th birthday. Holy cow! I have to admit, after all these years of having birthdays where I still felt the same, this one was an exception. Twenty five. I mean, that is SOMETHING. Feels pretty good. I wonder when I will stop looking like I'm fourteen, though? You'd think it would have happened by the mid 20's. ;)
It was an excellent birthday. For one thing, Steve is home. After over a month apart (hopefully he will do a post for you about his adventures at the Air Force COT in Alabama) it has been amazing to have him around again. Grace still tells us excitedly that "Daddy's home!" whenever she gets up from a nap. :) He got home last Friday, and I am happy to have my best friend back.
Steve started off the day by letting me sleep in (woo hoo!) while he got up with Gracie. He got her going on breakfast, then whipped up some delish French toast for the two of us to enjoy. When he woke me up the house smelled like hot French toast. Mmm.
We dropped Grace off at Emily's house to play with Sadie and Abby, and spent the morning hanging out on our own, perusing bookstores. We had lunch together and then all three of us took a nice long afternoon nap. Wonderful!
Oh, did I mention Steve got me an iPod?! A PINK one! I was pretty stoked, because it is my very first one. And aside from being wonderful and pink, it also takes video! Yay! Amazing!!! And since we don't usually spend that much, he actually used some of his long-saved birthday money to make up the difference. Yes, he is that awesome.
But wait, there's more! Tuesday night we cuddled up on the couch and watched/mocked the first two Twilight flicks in preparation for a viewing of the third installment on my birthday-eve. Our friends Christie and Eric stayed home with Grace and we went out to the first movie we've seen together in almost a year (sorry it was Twilight, babe). We grabbed hamburgers before, and then soaked up the teenage angst that is Eclipse. It was pretty fun to get the male perspective on it afterwards.

I totally need to take a long weekend to see your face in North Carolina! I miss you!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a fun day! Happy Birthday!!
ReplyDelete