Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween

Steve and I took the year off from dressing up, but Gracie got in on some good clean Halloween fun as a bunny rabbit. She was fascinated by the ears, and did lots of nose wiggling.



We didn't take her out trick-or-treating (she's too little to eat the candy anyway) but we did go to a Halloween party at the Jacksons' house where Steve and I enjoyed hanging out with grown-up friends, ate brats, apples with caramel dip, salad, and artichoke dip and drank homemade rootbeer. Mmm. Gracie ran around with little friends, including her current BFF, Abby, who Gracie calls "Ah-bah" (also her word for apple) and whom she cannot be parted from without tears and heartbreak.




When the other kiddos went off to get some goodies from the neighbors, we headed home, got Gracie into bed, and gathered all our scary movies to offer our guests some choices. The Pearsons & the Sears (some of whom are self-proclaimed scaredy cats) came over and debated which movie to watch (we settled on I Am Legend). Popcorn, more caramel apples, rootbeer, and a big bowl of candy, and we were set. It was a good time. Nice to know Halloween is still fun for the Mamas and the Papas. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Grace is the cutest bunny rabbit I have ever seen... I especially love her bushy tail- so cute! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been waiting patiently two days for the token halloween post. Thank you.
    Grace looks SO cute. I love the story about her little best-y abby, SO cute.

    Brett's been thinking about maybe applying to phd econ programs. He asked me where we should go. Without missing a beat I said, "Wakeforrest". I don't think i've sold him yet, but just so you know, i'm trying!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin