Thursday, April 30, 2009

Dr. Steve Part 2 + a Tour of Gracie's Room

Steve finally got his "BIG ENVELOPE" in the mail yesterday, and though it wasn't a surprise since he got emailed last week about his acceptance to VCU, it was still pretty exciting. Kind of funny, though, because all that was inside was a single piece of paper that basically said "WOO HOO YOU'RE IN!" ...maybe a little more than that.


And here are the roses that Gracie & I bought Steve when he got the big news. Maybe its not very manly, but who doesn't feel special when they get handed a bouquet of roses? We forgot the sash though. Maybe next time.


Well with only a few days until we go off to our temporary home at a friends' house up the block, we are packing our lives up again. I snapped some photos of Gracie's first room for her, and thought I'd share. She sleeps in a little alcove by the stairway--it doesn't even have a door (which has made her an incredible sleeper!)--and we weren't allowed to change the wallpaper, but it still turned out pretty cute. When we get to the east coast, she will have a real room of her own for the first time!


So here is her room from the foot of the staircase. The crib and changing table were mine when I was a baby (don't worry, we checked them for safety). The silver G by her changing table was a gift from her aunties at Christmas--it's a hair clip organizer. The green plaque says "My prince did come his name is Daddy" and was a gift from Steve's parents when she was born. And I painted the two little blue birds for her while I was pregnant. :)


This is her crib. I am in love with her bumper & sheet set. Her bear, Boe, is her new snuggle buddy. She was wrapping her whole body around her bumper when she went to sleep every night, so we decided she was ready for a pal to cuddle. She holds him against her face while she sleeps, and talks to his bum when she wakes up.

This is a little antique desk where we keep her extra diapers and hats and socks. The soft blocks were a project from before Gracie was born, and Steve made her that one little mitten was something Steve made for her then, too.

2 comments:

  1. I totally appreciated the sash reference and had to explain it to Brett. So funny! I also love that you got Steve roses, he probably really loved that secretly...Don't leave us!!!! Please!! Ok, do, I'm SO excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we MUST get together....Jamie + Steve + Gracie = MUST!!! You let me know when. What are you up to Friday evening? Or i can do next week. YES!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin