So answer the following questions and pair them with a photo if possible!
1. Wedding Date: September 9, 2006
2. Where did you get married? The San Diego Temple, La Jolla, California.
3. How long did you date / were engaged? We dated for six months before we got engaged, and then got married about four months after that.4. Were you a Bridezilla? Wedding planning stressed me out, but no. We had a Word Doc called "The BIG SCARY LIST" that had all the details we had to tick off for the wedding and I did spreadsheets and way too much resarch on The Knot. Though I was sassy, teary, and goofy, I really felt like as long as we got married everything else could crash and burn and it wouldn't matter. So... yeah I didn't burn any buildings down.


5. Wedding colors? Blue & white because we dated & got engaged at the beach. :)
6. How many bridesmaids/groomsmen? We had six of each, and even that was hard to narrow down. We would have loved to have 10 on each side, but eventually decided we had to stop somewhere. We just love a lot of people.
My pretty girls: Em & Jess (Steve's sisters), Jenna, Allana, Krystle (getting married next month), and my kindred spirit, Shama.
See how Steve's cracking up? That's because Jason (tallest one, Steve's cousin) is giving his buttocks a little pinch.7. Where did you honeymoon? We drove up the coast to a teeny little beach town called Cayucos near San Luis Obispo. It was perfect--we stayed at a beautiful B&B, hung out at the beach, explored the coast, and completely felt like we were on an adventure. We only took a bunch of video, though, no pictures except these:


8. Where was your reception? At an event venue called "The Villa," up in Orange County. My dad was doing chemo so we wanted him to be close to home. The spot was perfect and the food was delish. :)
9. Did anything go wrong? There were a lot of little glitches--for one thing the man presiding over our ceremony thought my name was Heather--but nothing too major. We were a little late showing up at the temple, Steve's groomsmen made him take forever to get dressed and ready, and there were some old bikini'd women in our beach photos (see below). Haha. It all just added character!

10. Did you save your caketop and eat it on your first anniversary? Better! The bakery made us a brand new mini-cake for free a year later! So we had fresh cake! The original was yummy, too--buttercream frosting and different flavors & fillings on each layer.

11. How long have you been married NOW? We're edging up on 2 1/2 years, and they've been very good ones. :) I really felt like my life started in earnest when Steve and I got married--finally I had someone to work with, and for, in every thing I did. Love you sweetheart. :)




ADORABLE! I am in LOVE LOVE LOVE with your turquoise color! Thanks for letting us peek at your cute wedding pics - you were a GORGEOUS bride!
ReplyDeletewhat a cool tag! i love all your pictures! you guys are so cute!
ReplyDeletethis survey was so cute - your little family is adorable. also, i want your bakery's number! you know, for every day cake needs.
ReplyDelete