Last night, I went to play some church basketball and invited Jamie to come with. We showed up, and they needed some volunteers to help keep score. Jamie sat at the table and learned quite a bit. It looked like she was having a great time, and she was really happy that she came.
On the way home, she was telling me what she learned. She had one concern, though. After a foul, once teams have lined up for free-throws, there is a rule that says that on the last free-throw, the ball is only in play after the shot if it hits the rim. I tried explaining to Jamie that if it doesn't hit the rim and just hits the backboard, then the play stops and the other team takes the ball out.

My explanation didn't seem to be hitting the mark for Jamie so I tried a few more explanations.
Still nothing.
With a concerned expression, her question was: "But what if you make a swish?"
If you have any questions about why this may be funny, ask your husband.
Disclaimer: Regarding the last post about the similarity between our sweet baby and ourselves as babies, I have one concern. Gracie is the cutest baby ever. My wife was an adorable baby, and she chose one of the cutest pictures of herself. Seriously, it's a REALLY cute picture. I was a pretty cute baby if I may say so myself, but somehow a picture was chosen in the which I kind of look like a hairless monkey. I don't know if this picture is a good representation of me, and therefore feel that the voting may be a little lopsided.
EDIT: (Jamie) Changed the baby picture of Steve per his repeated request, though he is much older than Gracie in the picture so... Not sure it's quite as good of a comparison. However it is a cuter picture. ;)
I agree. The aforementioned baby picture does not even begin to display the dinner plate eyes you had as a youngling. There was a pic of Gracie that Dad put up that looked EXACTLY like you, so you have my vote, dear brother.
ReplyDeleteAnd hooray for wives who put up with our sporting events, Rach has done the same and gone with me to every home football game. Good work, Jamie.
Your wife is so wonderful for indulging you in your sports moments. And for the record, I think the baby picture of you is cute, you do not look like a monkey.
ReplyDelete